1. What is SocketCare?
Based on the SocketCare program purchased SocketCare will extend the Standard Limited Warranty, provide comprehensive coverage and enhance the overall support and service of covered products.
2. What products are eligible for SocketCare?
Currently there are five product lines eligible for SocketCare:
- The SoMo 650 Series handheld computer (Eligible for SocketCare Plus 2 Year only)
- The SoMo 655 Series handheld computer
- The Bluetooth Cordless Hand Scanner Series 7
- The Cordless Ring Scanner Series 9
- The Compact Flash Scanner series 5
- The Compact Flash Magnetic Strip Reader
- The Compact Flash RFID Scanner
3. Are there different levels of service under the SocketCare program?
Yes. There service levels are:
- SocketCare 2 Year Plus
- SocketCare 3 Year Plus
- SocketCare Comprehensive Plus for either 2 or 3 year
- SocketCare 1 Year Extension
Each service level offers a coverage period calculated from the date of product purchase for the eligible products.
4. What are the features of the SocketCare Programs?
SocketCare 2 and 3 Year Plus features:
- Expands and Enhances Standard 1 year warranty into a total 2 or 3 year warranty
- Technical Support via Website – same day response time
- 5-7 Day turnaround for Repair or Replacement for covered items (not including time in transit)
- Access to Socket technical support through the web.?
- Exclusive Live 800 number for Technical Support.
SocketCare Comprehensive Plus 2 or 3 Year features:
- Covers standard repair and replacement for various accidental damages, not covered under the limited warranty
- Simplifies replacement of damaged equipment
- 2-3 Day turn around for Repair or Replacement for covered items (does not include time in transit)
SocketCare Extension 1 Year features:
- Extends existing SocketCare program an additional year from expiration date of existing warranty program ( must purchase within 30 days of expiration date of existing SocketCare program)
5. How do I sign up for SocketCare?
SocketCare can be purchased from any authorized Socket Mobile Inc. Reseller at the time of or within 60 days from product purchase date. Proof of purchase must be provided if purchased after initial product purchase.
6. Are there any purchase restrictions to SocketCare?
SocketCare 2 and 3 Year Plus:
- Must be purchased within 60 Days of a covered product purchase.
SocketCare Comprehensive Plus 2 or 3 Year:
- Comprehensive Coverage is only purchasable with a prior purchase of the Plus or Premium Program within 60 days of the initial product purchase.
SocketCare 1 Year Extension:
- Must be purchased within 30 days of expiration of existing SocketCare Warranty.
On all programs, the contract term is calculated from the date of your initial product purchase.
If you have any further questions about SocketCare purchase restrictions please go to www.socketmobile.com/support/socketcare
7. How do I confirm my SocketCare purchase?
A SocketCare Certificate will be emailed to you from your Reseller as confirmation of SocketCare coverage. Certificate information includes the serial number of product purchased, SocketCare service level, expiration date of SocketCare program and instructions where to register your product to access support.
8. How do I access the SocketCare Service Website?
Go to www.socketmobile.com/support and simply create an account and register your product.
9. What if I need support for my SocketCare covered product?
• Make sure you have created an account and registered your product at www.socketmobile.com/support
• Through your support account you have access to a variety of support options Including:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Knowledge Base
- Support Tickets
• Contact your Authorized Socket Mobile Inc. reseller from whom you purchased the SocketCare coverage and report the problem. Your Authorized Socket Mobile Inc. reseller will assist you in resolving the problem.
10. Is there a drop-off depot for covered products if I choose to deliver them directly to Socket?
Yes. If you are in the Newark, California area and prefer to drop-off your SocketCare covered products directly, you must have an RMA number issued an properly label your package containing your covered products with your issued RMA number prior to drop-off.
11. Will my product be repaired or replaced under SocketCare?
The covered product will be repaired and returned to you in accordance with the response times for your service level. If the covered product is not repairable within the allowable times frames, it will be replaced with an equivalent unit. In the event that Socket replaces a covered product, SocketCare coverage will transfer to the replacement unit for the balance of the SocketCare contract term.
12. Can my SocketCare coverage be transferred to a different product after purchase?
SocketCare coverage is specific to the originally registered product and may not be transferred to any other product(s).
13. Can SocketCare be renewed after the initial coverage period expires?
Yes. The SocketCare 1 Year Extension allows you extend a previously purchased SocketCare Plus and Comprehensive Plus program an additional year. In order to qualify for this program you must purchase within 30 days of the expiration date of your existing SocketCare Plus and or Comprehensive Plus program.
14. Can I Upgrade my SocketCare service level?
You can add the Comprehensive Plus program to an existing SocketCare Plus program provided it is within 60 days of the initial product purchase. However, after the 60 days, upgrades are not offered.